John Powell is a Surrey based, highly experienced, professional photographer,
Photographic experience coupled with a commercial instinct.
A commercial photographer with a strong business background, John covers events for designers, business publications and PR companies, specialising in events, corporate portraits, lifestyle and interiors, conferences, exhibitions and management meetings.
Surrey based photographer, John Powell, has notched up a career of more than 25 years of photographic and corporate assignments, having worked in London, Western Europe and North America managing and advising communication campaigns for all types of multinationals, publishers, designers and marketing professionals
In his own words he “left school at the earliest possible opportunity” to become a photographic trainee in London's Fleet Street, then the hub for almost all national publications. From “learning how to make a luuuvely cup of tea successfully” he progressed and trained with the best in Fleet Street darkrooms, often for over twelve hours a day.
Since those early days he has gone on to follow a wide ranging and diverse career with major, prestigious clients including:
- Central London studios servicing the advertising industry
- Freelance assignments covering interiors of London landmark buildings, prestige hotels, restaurants
- Advisor and Project Manager for permanent and traveling exhibitions/displays for leading companies
- Consultant for restoration on printing preservation to major private and public photographic collections including The V & A, Tate Britain, Dulwich Art Gallery, The British Museum.
- Conducted lectures and seminars on photography for The Royal Institution, the Institute of Civil Engineering and Architectural Associations in the UK, Europe, North America and the Far East.
John currently provides photographic and advisory services for production, presentation and display to companies, publishers and designers, working directly with clients or through PR agencies and event organsers.
His expertise and versatility allow for a publishers and design professionals a variety of styles from formal/traditional to contemporary inluding portraits for annual reports, brochures, publications or websites.